FINAL UPDATE (6 p.m.): Township election results reported throughout Douglas CountyAfter yesterday’s township elections, the results are in for several of Douglas County’s townships.
By: Staff Report, Alexandria Echo Press
After yesterday’s township elections, the results are in for all of Douglas County’s townships:
• Alexandria Township: Roger Thalman, with 28 votes, was elected supervisor E and Julie Feuling, 26 votes, was elected supervisor D. (The treasurer position is appointed.)
• Brandon Township did not have an election. Its elections take place in November of even-numbered years.
• Belle River: In the race for treasurer, Vangie Miller was the winner with 41 votes. Angie Nelson received 29 votes. Doug Steidl was elected supervisor with 66 votes.
• Carlos Township: Dean Yohnke was elected treasurer with 40 votes. Rodney Meyers was elected supervisor with 39 votes (there was one write-in vote).
• Evansville Township: Jeanine Henneman was elected treasurer with 20 votes. Tony Wright won the supervisor position with 10 write-in votes. No one else filed.
• Holmes City Township: Supervisor Arthur Isackson was re-elected. (The clerk/treasurer position is appointed.)
• Hudson Township: Cindy VanLuik, 17 votes, was elected treasurer. Roxanne Westergren, 24 votes, was elected supervisor.
• Ida Township: Palmer Krueger, with 64 votes, was elected treasurer. Mike Rosenwald, 60 votes, won the supervisor A position.
• LaGrand Township: James Jensen, with 33 votes, was elected supervisor. (The clerk/treasurer position is appointed.)
• Lake Mary Township: Julie Freier, 19 votes, was elected treasurer. James Schmidt, 19 votes, was elected supervisor.
• Leaf Valley Township: Brent Ost was elected supervisor with 85 votes (there were four write-ins). Barb Guenther was elected treasurer.
• Lund Township: Carol Zickur won the race for supervisor with 17 votes to Maggie Dahlen’s 13 votes. No one filed for the treasurer position and the person who received the most write-in votes declined the position. Now, the three people who were write-ins and had one vote, will be asked to take the position. Details will be discussed at the next township meeting, according to Michelle Olson, township clerk.
• Millerville Township: Patricia Bock was elected treasurer and Larry Carlson was elected supervisor. They both received 14 votes.
• Miltona Township: In the supervisor race, Doug Hunt was the winner with 56 votes. Bob Upton received 43. Connie Marshall was elected treasurer with 92 votes.
• Moe Township: Patricia Botner was elected treasurer with 49 votes. Lynn Bushard was elected supervisor with 50 write-in votes.
• Orange Township: Newton Earl, with 21 votes, was elected treasurer. Bruce Massmann was elected supervisor with 21 votes.
• Osakis Township: Brian Niehoff, with 11 votes, was elected supervisor. (The treasurer spot is appointed.)
• Solem Township: Curt Hamen was elected supervisor with 20 votes and Kevin Holl was elected treasurer with 17 votes.
• Spruce Hill Township: In the treasurer race, Henry Ahrens won with 26 votes while Terry Sather received 11. Larry Skoglund was elected to the three-year supervisor position and Brad Lusty was elected to the two-year supervisor spot with 28 votes.
• Urness Township: In the supervisor race, Ritchie Johnson was the winner by one vote. He received 12 votes and William Frischmon had 11. Shirley Thompson was elected treasurer with 25 votes.