Master Gardeners offer 'Let's Get Growing' workshopSpring is coming! Join the Douglas County Master Gardeners at the “Let’s Get Growing” workshop.
Spring is coming!
Join the Douglas County Master Gardeners at the “Let’s Get Growing” workshop. This annual event is scheduled for Saturday, March 26 at the Alexandria Technical and Community College from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The keynote speaker, Al Batt, will talk about gardening and bird watching. Come and learn about our feathered friends and how they enhance your existence.
Other topics will be presented by experienced Master Gardeners, University of Minnesota speakers, and other experts.
Some of the topics include:
• What’s wrong with my indoor plant?
• Do you have quite a bit of shade in your yard?
• Do you want a beautiful tree?
• Garden 911: What to do when things go wrong.
• Straw Bale Gardening – break new ground.
• How do gardeners attract butterflies to their gardens?
There will be many more topics for those who love to dig in the soil.
Call Kim at (320) 762-3890 to have a brochure sent to you, or stop at the Douglas County Extension office at 720 Fillmore, Alexandria to pick up a brochure. Information is also available online at www.extension.umn.edu/county/douglas, click on Hot Topics.