At the moviesHere are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Here are some of the movies playing this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Animation/action/family – Rated PG
A chameleon that aspires to be a swashbuckling hero finds himself in a Western town plagued by bandits and is forced to play the role in order to protect it. Rango is a modern day tale of a chameleon with an identity crisis on a journey to discover the hero inside him.
• Directed by: Gore Verbinski
• Cast: Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Alfred Molisa, Bill Nighy, Harry Dean Stanton, Ray Winstone, Timothy Olyphant.
• This film is rated PG for rude humor, language, action and smoking.
The Adjustment Bureau
Romance/thriller – Rated PG-13
David is a man who glimpses the future fate has planned and realizes he wants to do something else. To get it, he must pursue the only woman he’s ever loved across, under and through the streets of New York. On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, he meets ballet dancer Elise, a woman like none he’s ever known. But just as he realizes he’s falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of fate itself – the men of The Adjustment Bureau – who will do everything in their power to prevent David and Elise from being together. He must either let her go and accept a predetermined path or risk everything to defy fate and be with her.
• Directed by: George Nolfi
• Cast: Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Anthony Mackie, John Slattery, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Michael Kelly and Terence Stamp.
• This film is rated PG-13 for brief strong language, some sexuality and a violent image.
Drama/fantasy/romance – Rated PG-13
A modern-day take on the “Beauty and the Beast” tale where a New York teen is transformed into a hideous monster in order to find true love.
• Directed by: Daniel Barnz
• Cast: Alex Pettyfer, Justin Bradley, Mary-Kate Olsen, Dakota Johnson, Erik Knudsen, Vanessa Hudgens.
• This film is rated PG-13 for language, including crude comments, brief violence and some thematic material.