Most Popular Honeymoon & Vacation DestinationsFor many couples a honeymoon is just as important as the wedding ceremony. These couples seek the best in a vacation destination – and understandably so after surviving the stress of planning a wedding.
Here are some of the top spots for honeymoon destinations.
• Hawaii: This group of islands consistently ranks as one of the most popular honeymoon destinations. Once outside the tourist areas, there are plenty of places for serene reflection and one-to-one privacy. With its mountainous landscape, beautiful foliage and awe-inspiring ocean, the islands of Hawaii can be the perfect locale for honeymoon bliss.
• Italy: Italy is the perfect marriage of Old World charm and modern conveniences. Honeymooners can pick from retreats in the country to cliffside resorts.
• St. Lucia: St. Lucia is one of the Caribbean’s most lush islands. Picturesque plantations and lapping waters are just some of the attractions of this island paradise.
• Tahiti: There’s something quite alluring about this South Pacific locale. Tahiti towers over the ocean with mountainous ridges but also lush, tropical areas. Tahiti is known for fine dining and plenty of water-based activities.
• Mexico: With close proximity to the United States, the tropical resorts of Mexico entice many honeymooners each year.
• Jamaica: What better way to spend a honeymoon than on the laid-back tropical island of Jamaica?
• France: True romantics may desire honeymooning in the city of romance: Paris. With spectacular sights, fine cuisine and many historical points of interest, France is often a top destination for couples.
• Bermuda: This island is a British territory in North American waters. Bermuda’s nearest land mass is Cape Hatteras, N.C. Bermuda has a very affluent economy, with finance as its largest sector, followed by tourism. It is a popular cruise ship port of call. Sandy white beaches and close proximity to the U.S. make it a favorite for honeymoons.
• U.S. Virgin Islands: If you want a tropical honeymoon getaway without the hassle of passport travel, consider the islands of St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix. It is surrounded by pristine waters and spectacular ocean life, so honeymooners who want fun in the sun need not look any further.
• South Africa: Experience awe inspiring wildlife on safari or modern cities and exclusive neighborhoods. (MS)