Cultural diversity events to take place today in AlexandriaThe Diversity Resource Action Alliance (DRAA) is hosting a community celebration, Building Community Through Understanding, today from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Diversity Resource Action Alliance (DRAA) is hosting a community celebration, Building Community Through Understanding, today, Saturday, October 9 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will be held at the Alexandria Technical and Community College. There is no charge to attend; lunch will be available for purchase.
Following is the schedule of events for the day.
• 9:30 a.m.: Registration;
• 10 to 10:15 a.m.: Welcome – overview and introductions.
• 10:15 to 10:45 a.m.: The Johari Tribe.
• 11 a.m. to noon: Story time from around the world, Karen Simmons, presenter; Native American dance and history, Arnold Williams, presenter; Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered group, Kellie Lewis, presenter; The beliefs we hold dear: A discussion about religious diversity, Pastor Scott Keehn, presenter.
• 12:15 to 1 p.m.: Lunch and entertainment, Native American dance.
• 1 to 2:15 p.m.: Native American presentation; the status of women and girls in Minnesota, LaTresse Snead, presenter; the impact of economic inequality, Jessica Boyer, presenter, panel to be determined.
• 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.: Music, costumes and our world, a fun program for kids, Larry Swenson, presenter; Trapped in Hitler’s hell, Anita Dittman, presenter; the status of women and girls in Minnesota; the impact of economic inequality.
• 3:30 to 4 p.m.: Cultural diversity children’s performance, Larry Swenson, presenter.
To register, call Jolene at (320) 762-4510.