Meeting - Douglas County Commissioners meet August 24
DOUGLAS COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
9:00 a.m. – Call to order; approve agenda; approve minutes of August 10 regular meeting
9:05 a.m. – Sandy Tubbs, Public Health director
1. Consider and approve 2010-2011 school health agreements
2. Make appointments to the 5-county community health board (2 commissioners, 1 lay person from advisory committee)
3. Appoint public health advisory committee representative to fill vacancy
4. Consider request to fill full time nurse vacancy with part time dietician
5. Licensing of private vacation residences
9:25 a.m. – Jeff Schiffman, HRA director
1. HRA 2011 levy
9:35 a.m. – Tom Reddick, auditor/treasurer
2. Budget request changes
9:40 a.m. – Pat Kalina, AAEDC
1. 2010 Business and Industrial Appreciation Day resolution
9:45 a.m. – Dave Robley, Public Works director
1. Award contract for CSAH 7
2. Resolution declaring cost to be assessed and ordering preparation of proposed assessment
3. Resolution for hearing on proposed assessment
9:55 a.m. – Dave Rush, Land and Resource Management director
1. David O. and Shelley R. Luedke permit to allow a two-station beauty salon with a sign
2. Preliminary plat of Spruce Creek Subdivision
3. Preliminary plat of Hudson Prairie Estates First Addition
4. Jeffery O. and Luann C. Goldberg permit to allow 25 percent credit for pervious pavers
5. Final plat of Ten Commanders
10:05 a.m. – Jackie Notch, jail administrator
1. Memorandum of understanding between Douglas County and Teamsters Union (supervisors and jailor-dispatchers bargaining units)
10:10 a.m. – Troy Wolbersen, sheriff
1. Request to purchase two squad cars
10:20 a.m. – Gary Elert and Associates
1. Proposal to provide public safety communications consulting services
Items from the floor.
Recess regular session.
10:30 a.m. – County budget meeting
Recess budget session.
1:30 p.m. – Reconvene regular session
HRA board and county board
1. Bond sale
Adjourn regular session.
Reconvene budget meeting – meet with department heads.
Agenda as of August 17, subject to change.