Kindergarten meetings set in District 206Registration dates for kindergarten have been scheduled by Alexandria School District 206 for the 2010-2011 school year.
Registration dates for kindergarten have been scheduled by Alexandria School District 206 for the 2010-2011 school year.
All parents of prospective kindergarten students are invited to attend a parent and information meeting at their child’s school. Special presentations are planned at each elementary school site. Registration and other materials will be available.
Kindergarten students do not need to attend this first meeting; they will be invited to other planned activities prior to the start of school.
To be eligible to enter kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old by September 1, 2010. The all-day, every-day kindergarten program will be the program provided for all kindergarten students in District 206 for the 2010-11 school year. The program is free and will be offered at all district elementary schools.
Following are the parent information and registration meetings:
• Carlos Elementary School, Thursday, February 18, 5:30 p.m.; (320) 852-7181.
• Garfield Elementary School, Monday, February 22, 6:30 p.m.; (320) 834-2261.
• Lincoln Elementary School, Tuesday, February 23 at 4 p.m. or Thursday, February 25 at 5:30 p.m.; (320) 762-2146.
• Miltona Science Magnet School, Thursday, February 18, 7 p.m.; (218) 943-2371. (Miltona is available for students in grades K-6 who are interested in science, regardless of home school assignment.)
• Voyager Elementary School, Thursday, February 18 at 7:30 p.m. or Friday, February 19 at 7:45 a.m.; (320) 762-5437.
• Woodland Elementary School, Thursday, February 18 at 7 p.m. or Friday, February 19 at 7 a.m., both in the media center; (320) 762-3300.
Kindergarten brochures, along with a letter from your child’s principal have been mailed out. If you did not receive a letter and your child will be 5 by September 1, contact Dottie Rajdl at the district office at (320) 762-2141, extension 4209.
If you cannot attend your home school session, contact your child’s school office.
Attendance zones determine school assignments for all elementary students. For information on which school a child will attend, call the transportation office at (320) 762-2148.