Fire damages garage on NokomisThe Alexandria Fire Department responded to a garage fire last Thursday at a residence on North Nokomis.
The Alexandria Fire Department responded to a garage fire last Thursday at a residence on North Nokomis.
Around 6:15 p.m., the Alexandria Police Department received several 911 calls of a fire in a garage at a residence at 112 North Nokomis owned by Elvira Hughes.
The fire was contained to the garage, which is not attached to the house.
The cause of the fire, according to a report from the Alexandria Police Department, is suspected to be from a deep fryer that was located in the garage.
The garage sustained severe damage and there was minor smoke damage reported to the house.
No one was reportedly injured.