Flooding continues to impact area roadsThe Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol urges motorists to drive with caution as flooding continues to affect area highways, including some in Douglas County.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation and the Minnesota State Patrol urge motorists to drive with caution as flooding continues to affect area highways.
While water has receded in some areas, flooding continues to affect areas in Becker, Clay, Grant, Mahnomen and Wilkin counties.
The following state highways are currently closed until further notice:
- Highway 200 east of Mahnomen at Twin Lakes
- Highway 75 at Kragnes (north of Moorhead)
- Highway 75 at Comstock (south of Moorhead)
- Highway 75 at the Kent underpass
- Highway 55 between Wendell and Highway 59
- Highway 55 between Highway 75 and the North Dakota border
No travel advised
No travel is advised on Highway 75 north of Moorhead to the Clay County line. The road is closed to through traffic from Clay County Road 18 north to the Kragnes road closure, and from Georgetown south to the Kragnes road closure. Several areas along the roadway are covered in water and a thin layer of ice and snow causing dangerous driving conditions.
- Interstate 94 westbound at Highway 75/8th Street and the Red River - entrance ramp is closed
- Interstate 94 eastbound between the Red River and Highway 75/8th Street - right lane and exit ramp are closed
Open - use caution
The following state highways are currently open but conditions can change rapidly. Motorists should use extreme caution approaching the following areas:
- Highway 225 at various locations along entire highway
For more information:
- Call 5-1-1 or log on to www.511mn.org for road condition information when traveling in the west central and northwest areas Minnesota where potential flooding conditions exist
- Log on to http://www.dot.nd.gov/roadreport/roadreport/roadreport.asp for North Dakota current road conditions
- Listen to your National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather radio or local radio stations for weather and flood warnings
- Check www.MinnesotaRecovers.org for disaster relief and recovery information.