At the Movies – 02-20-09Here are the new movies starting this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, including other movies playing and times, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Here are the new movies starting this week at Midway Mall Cinema 9. For complete information, including other movies playing and times, log onto www.midwaycinema9.com.
Comedy – PG-13
Shawn and Nick, the stars of the Gerald R. Ford High School football team, are dreading the prospect of another summer at football camp. When Nick hatches a scheme for the two to join their school’s cheerleaders at cheer camp instead, they find themselves awash in a sea of gorgeous young women. It all goes great until Shawn falls for Carly, the beautiful head cheerleader who sees right through them.
• Directed by: Will Gluck.
• Cast: Nicholas D’Agosto, Eric Christian Olsen, Sarah Roemer, Molly Sims, Danneel Harris and David Walton.
• This film is rated PG-13 for crude and sexual content throughout, partial nudity, language and some teen partying.
Friday the 13th
Horror – R
Young adults end up exploring the old Camp Crystal Lake (made famous by the original 1980 film). Soon enough however, their seemingly fun weekend turns into a nightmare when each one finds himself hunted down by a machete-wielding maniac known as Jason Voorhees.
• Directed by: Marcus Nispel.
• Cast: Damian Shannon, Mark Swift, Jared Padalecki, Danielle Panabaker, Amanda Righetti, Travis VanWinkle, Aaron Yoo and Derek Mears.
• This film is rated R for strong bloody violence, some graphic sexual content, language and drug material.
Confessions of a
Comedy/Romance – PG
In the glamorous world of New York City, Rebecca Bloomwood is a fun-loving girl who is really good at shopping – a little too good, perhaps. She dreams of working for her favorite fashion magazine, but can’t quite get her foot in the door until ironically, she snags a job as an advice columnist for a financial magazine published by the same company. As her dreams are finally coming true, she goes to ever more hilarious and extreme efforts to keep her past from ruining her future.
• Directed by: P.J. Hogan.
• Cast: Isla Fisher, Hugh Dancy, Krysten Ritter, Joan Cusack, John Goodman, Kristin Scott Thomas and John Lithgow.
• This film is rated PG for some mild language and thematic elements.
He’s Just Not
That Into You
Comedy – PG-13
An all-star ensemble cast headlines this romantic comedy, He’s Just Not That Into You. The film is based on the bestselling book of the same name, which was written by former Sex and the City writers Greg Behrendt and Liz Tucillo. It is about modern day relationships and how men and women often misconstrue the intentions of the opposite sex.
• Directed by: Ken Kwapis.
• Cast: Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Aniston, Ben Affleck, Scarlett Johansson, Kevin Connolly, Jennifer Connelly, Bradley Cooper, Justin Long, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kris Kristofferson, Corey Pearson and Wilson Cruz.
• This film is rated PG-13 for sexual content and brief strong language.
Pink Panther 2
Adventure/Comedy – PG
Pink Panther 2, the sequel to the 2006 worldwide hit, stars Steve Martin reprising the role of intrepid-if-bumbling French police detective, Inspector Jacques Clouseau. When legendary treasures from around the world are stolen – including the priceless Pink Panther Diamond – Chief Inspector Dreyfus is forced to assign Clouseau to a team of international detectives and experts charged with catching the thief and retrieving the stolen artifacts.
• Directed by: Harald Zwart.
• Cast: Steve Martin, Jean Reno, Alfred Molina, Emily Mortimer, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Andy Garcia, Lily Tomlin and John Cleese.
• This film is rated PG for some suggestive humor, brief mild language and action.