Halloween funThis Friday, ghosts and goblins, princesses and pirates, and witches and warlocks will be lining the streets everywhere, as kids of all ages partake in spooky Halloween fun.
This Friday, ghosts and goblins, princesses and pirates, and witches and warlocks will be lining the streets everywhere, as kids of all ages partake in spooky Halloween fun.
Here are just some of the events happening in the lakes area:
• The Lucky Star 4-H Club is hosting its annual Community Halloween Party on Friday, October 31.
The party will take place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Forada Town Hall.
• First Lutheran Church in Alexandria is hosting a “trunk or treating” event Friday, October 31 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The event will be held in the church parking lot, with members of the congregation handing out candy from their trunks. The event is open to the public.
• Kids can also trick or treat in downtown Alexandria on Friday, October 31. Downtown Alexandria merchants will hand out treats to small trick or treaters from 3 to 5 p.m.
• The annual Community Halloween Party, sponsored by the Alexandria Eagles Club and Auxiliary, will take place Friday, October 31 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Alexandria National Guard Armory.
The party, which is free, is for children ages 12 (or in 6th grade) and younger.
The party is also sponsored in part by the Alexandria Elks Club and Auxiliary and the Alexandria VFW Club and Auxiliary. DECA, BPA and law enforcement students from the Alexandria Technical College also help with the party.
• The 3rd annual Haunted Theatre at the Alexandria Area Arts Association Theatre will take place October 24, 25, 29 and 30 from 6:30 to 10 p.m. and on Halloween night, Friday, October 31 from 5:30 to 10 p.m. The cost is $5 per person and it is not recommended for children younger than 10 years old.
This is not a production or play, but is similar to a haunted house.
For more information, contact the theater’s box office at (320) 762-8300.
• Erickson’s Petting Zoo of Osakis is hosting an Octoberfest Celebration – Fall Family Fun.
The petting zoo, which will be open weekends through Saturday, November 1, is offering two corn mazes, pumpkin patch, trolley rides, pony rides and a bounce house.
The hours are Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m. Large groups can visit during the week by appointment only.
Contact Erickson’s Petting Zoo for admission prices. They can be reached via phone at either (320) 762-0184 or (320) 491-3578 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
The farm is located eight miles east of Alexandria on Highway 27 and then follow the signs.