1652509 Request for Qualifications - Airport Improvements
Publish March 1, 6, 2013
Closing date: 11:00 a.m.,
March 21, 2013
Alexandria Municipal Airport –
The City of Alexandria, Minnesota is requesting qualifications from consulting airport architectural-engineering-planning firms to provide services associated with airport improvements, which may include the following:
1. Land acquisition / reimbursement
2. Roadway construction / utilities relocation
3. Obstruction removal
4. Airfield lighting and navigational aids
5. Fueling facilities
6. Airport buildings
7. Equipment procurement
8. Environmental studies and analyses related to improvement projects
9. Other capital improvements
Six (6) copies, or one electronic copy, of the Statement of Qualifications should be submitted.
A detailed proposal is not to be submitted at this time. The statement of qualifications should include:
1. Principals and team members of the firm, their experience and education.
2. A brief history of the firm, number of employees, and airport experience.
3. A listing of recent airport projects, naming references at each location.
4. Evidence of the firm’s Affirmative Action program.
The City of Alexandria anticipates capital projects funded in part by MnDOT Aeronautics and the Federal Aviation Administration. All services provided must be in compliance with current MnDOT and FAA policies and standards.
Based on this information, a firm may be selected directly, or up to three (3) firms may be requested to attend an interview at a time yet to be determined.
Selection will be based on analysis of the following criteria:
1. Professional experience of key personnel
2. Experience with state and federal aviation grants
3. Capabilities in airport planning, architecture and engineering
4. Ability to meet schedules and budgets
5. Experience on comparable projects
6. Familiarity with and proximity to the geographic location of the airport
7. Quality of the work accomplished
The City of Alexandria intends to retain the selected firm for three (3) to five (5) years or until the above list of development items is completed. Consulting fees will be negotiated as authorized by the FAA.
The information should be submitted no later than 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 21, 2013. Direct statements of qualifications and inquiries to:
Alexandria City Administrator
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-6678 – phone
(320) 763-3511 – fax
Tags: legalsMore from around the web