On the Street - March 1, 2013Craig Mische, a broker/owner of Counselor Realty, was awarded the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification.
• Craig Mische, a broker/owner of Counselor Realty, was awarded the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification. The RSPS certification is a nationally-recognized certification awarded by the National Association of Realtors to real estate professionals who wish to demonstrate and promote their expertise in the resort and second home specialty.
Realtors who receive it have successfully completed the Resort and Second Home Markets course, along with another designation or additional advanced courses in the field of resort and second home real estate.
• JLG Architects announced the licensure of two of the firm’s architectural professionals: Josh Kehrwald, RA, and Adam Barnett, AIA. The registration and licensure process includes several years of work experience and education and requires the passage of seven portions of the Architectural Registration Examination.
As JLG’s Revit leader, Kehrwald oversees all of the firm’s building information management processes and standards. He received a Master of Architecture and a bachelor’s in environmental design from Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana.
A project designer at JLG, Barnett received a Master and Bachelor of Architecture, as well as a Bachelor of Science in environmental design from North Dakota State University (NDSU) in Fargo, North Dakota, in 2010. Prior to his studies at NDSU, Barnett graduated magna cum laude from Minnesota State University Moorhead with a Bachelor of Arts in anthropology and a concentration in archaeology.
• Six RE/MAX real estate agents from RE/MAX Lakes Area Realty in Alexandria were recently honored by RE/MAX North Central for their outstanding achievements in 2012.
The following associates were honored with awards:
Alexandria Minnesota Executive Club – Debra Powell, Lawrence Keenan, Lon Saude, Michael Lommen; Alexandria Minnesota Platinum Club – Paula Jackson; and Alexandria Minnesota 100 Percent Club – Sheryl Bakewell.
For a complete listing of awards, visit www.soldsignblog.com.
• Maurices, a nationwide young women’s clothing store, is offering a Store Management Internship Program for the eighth consecutive year.
This 10-week paid internship opportunity, which focuses on “real world” in-store experience, is available to 60 students nationwide. Alexandria is one of the internship locations.
Internships are paid and typically credit based. In addition, each student receives $500 in tuition reimbursement from maurices, a 40 percent discount on clothing, and two of the interns will receive $1,000 scholarships.
Students interested in an internship can inquire in person with store manager Angie Halverson at the Alexandria maurices.
• Solutions Behavioral Healthcare Professionals, a provider of accessible mental health services in the community, recently added Melissa Winter, Psy.D., L.P., as a licensed psychologist. She will primarily provide services in the Alexandria office at 512 30th Avenue East.
Winter has experience working with diverse individuals in many different therapeutic settings including inpatient, community mental health, correctional, residential, educational and private practice settings. Her experience has included working with children, adolescents and adults in individual, couples, family and group counseling.
Winter is also an experienced evaluator and has worked closely with schools, police departments and the court system in providing appropriate mental health evaluations and assessments.
Winter lives in the Alexandria area with her husband and two children.
Tags: businessMore from around the web