Douglas County Veterans Service to move officeThe Douglas County Veterans Service Office will move to its new location in March.
The Douglas County Veterans Service Office will move to its new location in March. It will be closed March 14-15 for the move. It will open its new office on Monday, March 18.
The office is available to answer questions about eligibility for benefits and to assist with applications for:
• Medical care.
• Compensation for service connected disabilities.
• Pension for war time veterans who are lower income.
• VA home loans.
• Death benefits to include burial at the national and state veterans cemeteries.
• Assistance programs from the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs to include dental, optical and hearing aids.
• Assistance from Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans with rent, mortgage or utilities.
The new office will be located at 806 Fillmore Street next to the Douglas County Library. The telephone number is (320) 762-3883, and the fax number is (320) 762-3094.