On the Street - February 15, 2013Cherry Street Books in Alexandria will host a book signing by Minnesota children’s author Nancy Carlson on Thursday, February 21 from 3 to 5 p.m.
• Lakeside Appliance Service, locally owned by Jesse Jost, recently opened at 2313 Rosewood Lane Southeast in Alexandria. It offers in-home major appliance repair, parts sales and flexible service hours.
Jost has more than 11 years of experience and is certified as a master technician. Lakeside Appliance Service offers fast, friendly and affordable service in and around the Alexandria area.
• Cherry Street Books in Alexandria will host a book signing by Minnesota children’s author Nancy Carlson on Thursday, February 21 from 3 to 5 p.m.
A writer and illustrator, Carlson has been welcomed as a visiting author-in-residence and worked with children in District 206 and private elementary schools several times over the years. Some of her newer titles are T is for Twin Cities: A Minneapolis/St. Paul Alphabet, What if it Never Stops Raining?, Think Big, Sit Still and Snowden.
• Alexandria Clinic, a service of Douglas County Hospital, met all criteria for laboratory accreditation by COLA, a national healthcare accreditation organization.
Accreditation is given only to laboratories that apply rigid standards of quality in day-to-day operations, demonstrate continued accuracy in the performance of proficiency testing, and pass a rigorous on-site laboratory survey. Alexandria Clinic earned COLA accreditation as a result of a long-term commitment to provide quality service to their patients.
• Kent Kolstad, formerly of Alexandria, recently joined Media Productions, a Fargo-based full-service audio, video, film, photography and live event production firm specializing in corporate communications. He was hired as an event technical director and will work with clients to produce live events, coordinating audio, video, lighting, staging and multimedia production.
Kolstad has more than 13 years of live event and theatrical production experience and has a bachelor’s degree in communication arts and literature education.
• Shawn Peterson was named branch manager for Border States Electric’s (BSE) Alexandria location.
Peterson previously worked for Minnesota Electric as warehouse associate and customer service representative. He joined BSE in 2007 when the company acquired Minnesota Electric. He held the position of customer service representative before being selected to participate in the company’s management trainee program. Most recently, he held the position of branch manager for the company’s Rochester location.
He and his wife, Heather, live in Alexandria with their two children, Sydney and Braum.
• The Minnesota Grain and Feed Association, which represents the grain elevator and feed mill industry, honored 14 general managers, including Tim Bolgrean of Hoffman, at its 106th annual convention on January 24. Bolgrean has served 32 years as general manager.
Tags: businessMore from around the web