On the Street - February 8, 2013Karla Rutten is a recipient of Knute Nelson’s (KN) Tree of Excellence award.
• Alexandria Industries announced that Gordon Knott joined the company as its new medical market leader. Knott brings decades of experience in vertically integrated component manufacturing sales and complex purchasing to his leadership role.
Prior to joining Alexandria Industries, he worked at Mid-Continent Engineering, where he led the company’s expansion into vertical markets, including the medical market, and at Harmony Engineering, where he managed aerospace and electronic component sales.
• Josh Buboltz of Kensington recently completed the requirements leading to the completion of the Associate in Claims (AIC) program. AIC program is an educational program for claims representatives, management personnel and others interested in learning the claims aspect of the insurance business.
Buboltz began employment with North Star Mutual Insurance in January of 2006 and is a claims adjuster for the property/casualty claims department for North Star.
• Karla Rutten is a recipient of Knute Nelson’s (KN) Tree of Excellence award. This award is the highest level of recognition through the KN Employee Recognition Program. Rutten has been employed at KN for more than three years and is currently the certified dietary manager at the Care Center.
Rutten was nominated by her peers who said that she “makes new employees feel welcome, goes above and beyond to help out and encourages positive attitudes.”
• Lakeside Appliance Service, locally owned by Jesse Jost, recently opened at 2313 Rosewood Lane Southeast in Alexandria. It offers in-home major appliance repair, parts sales and flexible service hours.
Jost has more than 11 years of experience and is certified as a master technician. Lakeside Appliance Service offers fast, friendly and affordable service in and around the Alexandria area.
• BlackRidgeBANK welcomed Rebecca Kelly as its new credit analyst. Kelly was born and raised in south Texas. She obtained her Master of Business Administration degree from Texas Tech University in 2006 and moved to Minnesota shortly after.
Kelly has been in banking for six years, doing marketing and credit analysis. This fall, she and her family moved from Holdingford to Garfield. She enjoys spending time with her husband and two children.
• BlackRidgeBANK welcomed Richard Hawes as its new mortgage lender. Hawes has been in the mortgage industry since 1999. He has a great deal of experience in all facets of the industry and the products contained.
A family man with a wife and four children, Hawes was born and raised in Minnesota and is new to the Alexandria area. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with family, golfing and travel.
• Tri-State Manufacturers’ Association (TSMA) recently named the 2013 board of directors.
Elroy Vesta was named president for the 14th consecutive year. Vesta owns and operates EJ Enterprises. He has served on the TSMA Board of Directors since 1995.
Evan Westra was named to his second term as vice president. Westra is the CEO of West Tool and Design. Bob Grove, president of Cosmos Enterprises, was named to a sixth term as secretary/treasurer of the board.
Serving as directors in 2013 are Don Leapaldt, Central Minnesota Credit Union; Tom Mastellar, Blackhawk Kendeco, St. Cloud; Kevin Schultz, OECS, Inc., Alexandria/Golden Valley; Mike Westergard, StoneL, Fergus Falls; and Tyler Wirth, The Work Connection, Alexandria.
• Thrivent Financial for Lutherans was named one of America’s top workplaces by WorkplaceDynamics. Thrivent was ranked number 97 nationwide among 872 organizations with more than 1,000 employees that participated in regional top workplaces programs.
The National Top Workplaces list was determined by feedback gathered through an objective employee survey. The survey was conducted by WorkplaceDynamics, LLP in conjunction with 30 leading regional newspapers.
Tags: businessMore from around the web