'Prairie Yard and Garden' to air 26th seasonThe 26th season of Prairie Yard and Garden (PY&G) will begin on Thursday, January 17. Larry Zilliox, former University of Minnesota Extension educator from Alexandria, hosts the 30-minute program.
The 26th season of Prairie Yard and Garden (PY&G) will begin on Thursday, January 17.
Larry Zilliox, former University of Minnesota Extension educator from Alexandria, hosts the 30-minute program, a Minnesota resource for gardening information. PY&G airs Thursday evenings at 7:30 p.m. on Pioneer Public Television.
Each season, PY&G travels the state to confer with researchers, gardening and nursery professionals, educators and backyard gardeners about their expertise in horticulture, landscaping and a variety of other gardening topics.
Following is a list of programs:
• Thursday, January 17, Jeff Johnson of the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum showcases hedges used in landscaping.
• Thursday, January 24, Zilliox explores the ornamental garden of Steve and Cher Colby of Douglas County.
• Thursday, January 31, Bernie Angus of the West Central Research and Outreach Center demonstrates maintenance steps for preparing water ponds.
• Thursday, February 7, Zilliox travels to New London where Ken and Kay Johnson have acquired an aging bridge on an abandoned township road.
• Thursday, February 14, Meika Jo Hoffman will showcase window boxes and a front porch for gardening in a small city.
• Thursday, February 21, Daiv Freeman demonstrates growing cacti in Minnesota.
• Thursday, February 28, Zilliox travels to Watson where Weldy and D eanna Hodges have been restoring their farm site for nearly 25 years.
Six additional episodes will air throughout March and April.