On the Street - December 21, 2012Thrivent Financial for Lutherans recently announced that it will commit $6.8 million in 2013 to help build 113 Habitat for Humanity houses across the U.S.
• Degrees of Strength: The Innovative Technique to Accelerate Greatness, a book co-authored by Craig Ross, a 1985 graduate of Jefferson High School in Alexandria, was recognized as an award-winning finalist in the Business: Management and Leadership category in the 2012 USA Best Book Awards. Ross is the CEO of the Denver, Colorado-based company, Verus Global, Inc.
• Dave Dilley recently partnered with Dan Zimny and Anthony Zimny of Partington Zimny Insurance in Alexandria. Dilley brings more than 25 years of experience in handling large commercial accounts in the manufacturing, transportation, construction and bonding industry. He currently resides in Alexandria with his wife, Jan. Joining the agency with Dilley are his son, Chris Dilley, account executive, and Donna Haroldson, account manager.
With this new partnership, the agency will change the name to Dilley Zimny Insurance. For more information, visit www.dilleyzimnyinsurance.com.
• BlackRidge Bank-Alexandria region employees recently donated $1,094 to four local organizations: Lakes Area Humane Society, Elder Network, Nutrition Services Center/Meals on Wheels and the Jefferson High School Food Shelf. The money was raised during the year through the Denim on Friday’s program.
• For the 18th time, the financial services firm Edward Jones ranked number one in REP magazine’s annual survey of the nation’s six largest financial firms, according to Edward Jones Advisors, Kevin Klepper, Scott Larson and Nate Larson. The magazine randomly selects financial advisors nationwide and asks them to rank their firms in various categories.
Edward Jones’ overall score was 9.3 out of 10 possible points. Additionally, 96 percent of respondents said they believe Edward Jones is the best firm to work for in the financial services industry.
• Mike Bettin, LPN, is a recipient of Knute Nelson’s (KN) Tree of Excellence award. This award is the highest level of recognition through the KN Employee Recognition Program. Bettin has been employed at KN for almost one year as an LPN in the Care Center. Bettin was nominated by his peers, who said that he was a “great communicator,” “always smiling” and “proactive.”
• Paul Amundson, FIC, a financial representative for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans in Alexandria, recently attended an exclusive investment forum with 183 of Thrivent’s approximately 2,500 financial representatives nationwide.
Amundson learned about the latest investment trends. He was also provided with economic, market, sector and asset class updates for equities, fixed income and other alternatives.
Amundson was invited to attend as a result of achieving selected sales production goals and because of his commitment to providing the latest investment strategies and products to clients.
• Thrivent Financial for Lutherans recently announced that it will commit $6.8 million in 2013 to help build 113 Habitat for Humanity houses across the U.S.
Through a unique partnership called Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity, Thrivent and its members have now committed more than $180 million and more than 3.5 million volunteer hours since 2005.
• Widseth Smith Nolting (WSN) added three new shareholders to the company’s management structure effective December 1: civil engineer Pete Sarberg, PE; mechanical engineer Eric Jendro, PE, LEED(r) AP; and land surveyor Chris Jordheim, LS. Each of these new shareholders has vice president designation.
Sarberg has 28 years of hydraulic, drainage and stormwater management experience. He has been with WSN for 20 years and serves as technical advisor on the Alexandria Stormwater Management Committee.
Jendro has been with WSN since 2002 and is responsible for designing HVAC and plumbing systems, conducting energy analysis studies and more.
Jordheim joined WSN in 1997 and oversees all of WSN’s North Dakota survey operations. He serves as the president-elect for the North Dakota Society of Professional Land Surveyors.