Volunteer opportunitiesVolunteer opportunities are available in Douglas and Pope counties. For information, call the numbers listed below. To learn about other opportunities, call United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties, (320) 834-7800.
Volunteer opportunities are available in Douglas and Pope counties. For information, call the numbers listed below. To learn about other opportunities, call United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties, (320) 834-7800.
United Way: January 4 and 31, volunteers needed for Mobile Food Drop at New Life Christian Church, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Alexandria United Methodist Church: Volunteers needed for community breakfast. (320) 763-4624.
• Volunteers needed to assist in high school small engines class, with geopgraphy bee, to bring Masterpiece Art and Jr. Achievement into classrooms. Retirees needed to join Reader’s Theatre. Contact Ruth, (320) 762-5287, email@example.com.
• Adult female mentors needed for young girls, lunch buddy male and female mentors needed for youth in grades 5-6 Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, (320) 762-3310, ext. 4274.
• Volunteers needed to serve holiday meals to students December 20. E-mail Barb at email@example.com.
• Peer support volunteers needed to meet with older adults in their homes weekly to provide support due to life changes, loss, loneliness or emotional concern.
• Respite program volunteers needed to spend 1-4 hours per week providing companionship and conversation to a care receiver.
Training required. Call (320) 763-9084.
Girl Scouts: Volunteers needed to help with new literacy program, It’s Your Business. Sessions held Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays in February/March, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Contact Marge, (320) 403-2108, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glenwood Chamber of Commerce: Volunteers needed to help with Magical Christmas in Glenwood. Call (320 634-3636.
Minnewaska ECFE: Volunteers needed Monday through Friday from 8 to 11 a.m. to assist in Pre-K reading stories, activities, games, teaching manners, social interaction and play.
Contact Cathy Kinney at (320) 634-4452 or email@example.com.
Salvation Army: Volunteers needed to ring bell for Douglas County Salvation Army Christmas Red Kettle Campaign, December.
Call to schedule:
• Ring at Walmart: Dennis and Mike at (320) 304-2321.
• Ring at Kmart: Dave and Stuart at (320) 304-5248.
• Ring at Viking Plaza Mall: Art at (320) 763-5089.
• Ring at Elden’s Fresh Foods and Pete’s County Market: Roger at (320) 760-4262.