UPDATE: House fire in Alexandria early Sunday
Lightning caused a house fire in Alexandria early Sunday morning.
At 3:37 a.m., the Alexandria Fire Department responded to a fire at 1923 Rosewood Lane NE on the west side of Lake Victoria.
Home owner Steven Auran was the only person in the house at the time of the strike; he escaped without injury
Alexandria Fire Chief Jeff Karrow reported that the lightning strike blew off the top of the chimney and started a fire in the attic space above the attached garage.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.