Publish August 30, September 6, 13, 2013
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DOUGLAS
IN DISTRICT COURT
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE: QUT
COURT FILE NO. 21-CV-13-1231
Jennifer L. Marso,
Lynn U. Martin, a/k/a L. U. Martin, and Hilma Martin, husband and wife; Harry H. Beal and Alta Mae Beal, a/k/a Alta Beal, husband and wife; E. E. Krueger and Pearl Krueger, husband and wife; J. O. Haugen and Nellie Haugen, husband and wife; F.M. Hamm and H.A. Hamm, wife and husband; Benjamin F. Hamm and Sylvia L. Hamm, husband and wife; J.J. Lynch and Grace Lynch, husband and wife; John August Swenson, a/k/a John A. Swenson, a/k/a J. A. Swenson, and Freda A. Swenson, husband and wife; Forrest M. Rogers; unknown heirs of C. M. Campbell, a/k/a Clyde M. Campbell; Grace Campbell, n/k/a Grace Allen; Township of Miltona; State of Minnesota; John H. Petersen and Mary L. Petersen, as Trustees of the John H. Petersen Revocable Trust dated July 21, 2011; and all of the unknown heirs of any of the above-named defendants that may be deceased; and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest in or lien upon the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787, Alexandria, MN 56308.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, The Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Douglas County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot 79 and Lot 80 and that part of the dedicated roadway, all within Freedom, according to the recorded plat thereof, and that part of Government Lot 1 and that part of the Southeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter, Section 27, Township 130 North, Range 37 West, Douglas County, Minnesota described as follows:
Commencing at the southeast corner of said Section 27;
thence on an assumed bearing of South 89 degrees 04 minutes 26 seconds West, along the south line of said Section 27, a distance of 1151.69 feet;
thence North 19 degrees 36 minutes 07 seconds West 75.91 feet;
thence North 19 degrees 40 minutes 15 seconds West 146.29 feet;
thence North 17 degrees 15 minutes 47 seconds West 66.50 feet to the easterly extension of the southerly line of said Lot 79 and this being the point of beginning of the land to be described;
thence North 19 degrees 38 minutes 51 seconds West 99.97 feet to the intersection of the easterly extension of the northerly line of said Lot 80;
thence South 75 degrees 23 minutes 33 seconds West, along said easterly extension and along said northerly line of Lot 80 as extended to the waterline of Lake Miltona;
thence southerly, along said waterline, 100 feet more or less to the intersection of the westerly extension of said southerly line of Lot 79, said line bears South 75 degrees 22 minutes 51 seconds West from said point of beginning;
thence North 75 degrees 22 minutes 51 seconds East, along said westerly extension and along said southerly line of Lot 79 and along said easterly extension, 304 feet more or less to the point of beginning, containing 0.67 acre more or less.
The object of this action is to obtain judgment declaring that the Plaintiff is the owner of the land described above; and that the defendants, and each of them, have no interest or estate in said land, nor lien thereon.
Notice is further given that no personal claim is made by Plaintiff against any of the defendants.
Dated this 28th day of August, 2013.
JACOBSON SCHULTZ, P.A.
By /s/ Gary I. Syverson
Attorneys for Plaintiff
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787
Alexandria, MN 56308
Atty. Registration #108133