Publish May 9, 16, 23, 2014
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DOUGLAS
IN DISTRICT COURT
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Court File No. 21-CV-14-643
Norma W. Olson and Minnesota
District Council of the Assemblies of God, a nonprofit corporation under
the laws of Minnesota,
Theresa T. Hicks; Cleveland H. Hicks, also the unknown heirs of Theresa T. Hicks, Cleveland H. Hicks, and all
other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANT(S):
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs' Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
110 North Mill Street, Fergus Falls, Minnesota 56537.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs' Complaint. In your Answer, you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Douglas County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot C of Hick's Birch Avenue Outlot Addition to the Townsite of Alexandria and that part of Government Lot Three (3) and that part of the Northeast Quarter of the Southwest Quarter (NE1/4SW1/4), all being within Section Sixteen (16), Township One Hundred Twenty-eight (128) North, Range Thirty-seven (37) West, Douglas County, Minnesota, described as follows: Beginning at the Northwest corner of said Lot C; thence North 8916'38" East, assumed bearing along the North line of said Lot C and its easterly extension, 1,002.00 feet more or less to the shore line of Lake Geneva; thence southwesterly, along said shore line, 476.00 feet more or less to the easterly extension of the South line of said Lot C; thence South 8916'38" West, along said easterly extension of the South line of Lot C and along the South line of Lot C, a distance of 872.00 feet more or less to the Southwest corner of said Lot C; thence North 0039'45" East, along the West line of said Lot C, a distance of 453.82 feet to the point of beginning. The tract contains 9.7 acres more or less.
The object of this action is to determine the title to the above-described real estate and the adverse claims, if any, and the rights of all parties respectively therein.
Dated: May 5, 2014
PEMBERTON, SORLIE, RUFER
& KERSHNER, P.L.L.P.
By Robert W. Bigwood,
110 North Mill Street
Fergus Falls, Minnesota 56537
ATTORNEYS FOR PLAINTIFFS