Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Structure fire reported early Sunday

Email News Alerts

Just after 6 a.m. on Sunday, October 13, fire crews responded to a fire in an outbuilding at 3321 Lake Victoria in Alexandria.

According to the Alexandria Fire Department, the fire was caused by a wood burning stove in the shop. The fire was reportedly contained to the shop area inside the structure. 

Advertisement

There was extensive fire and smoke damage, but the structure was not a total loss.

The property is owned by Timothy Ruud. No injuries were reported.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Amy Chaffins
Amy Chaffins is a journalist working for the Echo Press newspaper. After graduating from St. Cloud State University, Amy’s first job was at KSAX-TV working as an anchor and reporter. From 2003-2010, Amy worked as an editor and reporter for the Pope County Tribune and Starbuck Times newspapers. During her journalism career, Amy earned writing and photography awards from the Associated Press, Minnesota Newspaper Association and Society of Professional Journalists. Amy and her husband, Brandon, live in Alexandria and together write “He Sez, She Sez,” a humor column in the local women’s magazine, Chicz
(320) 763-1242
Advertisement
randomness