On the street
• Heartland Security announced the appointment of Alexa Sandbakken of Avon to marketing specialist. Heartland Security specializes in residential and commercial alarm systems as well as home medical monitoring systems, serving outhern and western Minnesota and northern Iowa.
• JLG Architects was named one of the top eight best firms to work for in the U.S. and Canada by ZweigWhite, a management consulting and research company. ZweigWhite awarded the firms based on workplace practices, employee benefits, retention rates and other factors. JLG was ranked fifth on the list. Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, JLG was also recently presented with the Grand Forks Young Professionals Grow Grand Award for employers who demonstrate exceptional workplace opportunities and environments for young professionals to work and succeed.
• Nate Larson of the financial services firm Edward Jones in Alexandria recently won the firm’s Jim McKenzie Award for his exceptional achievement in building client relationships. Larson was one of 1,360 of the firm’s 13,000 financial advisors to receive the Jim McKenzie Award.
• The Board of Directors of the Fastenal Company of Winona, which also has a branch in Alexandria, has declared a dividend of 25 cents per share to be paid in cash on Friday, August 22 to shareholders of record at the close of business on Friday, July 25. The board of directors intends to continue paying quarterly dividends, though future determination as to payment of dividends will depend upon the financial condition and results of operations of the company and other factors.
• Livewire Entertainment Media Services, LLC announced that it has acquired Martinson Sound Productions, based in Alexandria. Martinson Sound Productions provides live event audio services. Livewire specializes in the conceptual and technical design and production of live events of all shapes and sizes, ranging from concerts and theatrical events, to corporate conferences and major community events.