On the street
• Herberger’s raised $340,000 from its Mother’s Day and Father’s Day promotions supporting the March of Dimes Imbornto Campaign April 23 through June 15. In two years, Bon-Ton stores, including Herberger’s, have raised more than $1 million in donations for March of Dimes.
• Kimberly Tryggeseth of Alexandria, an administrative professional, will receive career training and networking this year thanks to The Foundation of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP). She and 49 other administrative professionals received scholarships to attend the Education Forum and Annual Meeting (EFAM) 2014 July 26-30 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. EFAM is a career training and networking conference for administrative and office professionals.
• Book World at Viking Plaza in Alexandria will host an author event featuring K.L. Keith on Saturday, July 12 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Under the pen name K.L. Keith, Minnesota native Cinda Kohls recently released the Christian novel, The Narrow Gate. Set in fictional Minnesota and Wisconsin settings, it tells of how soon-to-be new father Marcus Crandall died and how crime reporter Sophie Stangler races to beat the clock and solve the mystery before succumbing to a terminal brain tumor.
• Widseth Smith Nolting’s Kyle Vogt finished in fifth place in the National SkillsUSA Championship in Architectural Drafting held in Kansas City June 23-27. Vogt was among more than 6,000 technical education students to compete in more than 100 trade, technical and leadership fields. SkillsUSA is “a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce.”
• Marco, Inc., which has an office in Alexandria, was named one of Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2014. Marco was selected based on an employee-based survey project. The Business Journal recognized 53 companies in Minnesota based on employees’ high marks on topics such as work environment, people practices and how things work day-to-day.
• Marco also announced it has partnered with Applied Global Technologies (AGT) on its new Marco Managed Video (MMV) cloud-based video collaboration offering. The partnership enables Marco to deliver a turnkey managed video conferencing service to customers, while extending high-quality video and content sharing from the traditional conference room to a variety of video-enabled devices and platforms.