On the street
• Diane Lynch and Dick Osgood will present on and sign their new book, Minnesota Winery Stories: Minnesota’s Wineries, Wines and Winemakers, on Saturday, June 14 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Cherry Street Books and from 2 to 4 p.m. at Carlos Creek Winery, both in Alexandria. Minnesota Winery Stories provides an overview of the state’s wine industry and features stories of winemaking and grape growing throughout the state.
• Mosquito Squad has opened in Northwest Minnesota, including Douglas County. Owned by Cory Berglin, Mosquito Squad of Northwest Minnesota specializes in eliminating mosquitoes from outdoor living spaces so homeowners can enjoy their yards, outdoor events, and outdoor living and dining spaces. Berglin is a lifelong resident of Alexandria. For more information, contact Berglin at (320) 759-1479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rick Halbur recently joined Pemberton Law Firm in Alexandria, where he works primarily in litigation, real estate and agricultural-related matters. Halbur received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Minnesota Law School and his Bachelor of Arts from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul. Pemberton Law has 21 attorneys at four locations: Alexandria, Fergus Falls, Detroit Lakes and Wadena.
• Minnesota author Gene Stark will sign books on Saturday, June 14 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Book World in Alexandria. Stark, born and raised in Minnesota, is a teacher, organic farmer, trapper, and greenhouse grower. Through both poetry and prose, his writing depicts the outdoors and the people and culture of rural America. His new book, Deep Tracks to Follow is a memoir about the bond between Stark and his Labrador retriever.
• A new business, Inspire Nutrition, has recently opened at 1407 Hawthorne Street, Alexandria. Inspire Nutrition is an education-based business. Its mission is to inspire people through education to take control of their nutrition and become the best version of themselves. Whether the goal is to eat healthier, lose weight or gain muscle, Inspire Nutrition seeks to provide everyone with the proper coaching. Joe and Nancy Haack are the owners, assisted by family members Alex and Amanda. Its hours are weekdays from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.