On the street
• Book World is celebrating 10 years in Alexandria. It has organized several events to mark the occasion, including a full line-up of author events:
- Friday, April 18 from 4:30 to 6 p.m., meet Jess Lourey with her Murder by the Month series.
- Saturday, April 19 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., meet Barb Grover. She wrote and compiled the book, Alexandria.
- Saturday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., meet Sherolyn Sievert. Her books are on her adventures with her K-9 dogs.
- Sunday, April 27 from 1-3 p.m., meet Danelle Helget. She wrote the Sara Martin Mystery series.
• Vic Benzinger has become an Ameriprise Financial private wealth advisor. Benzinger, with Ameriprise in Alexandria, is one of approximately 9 percent of the nearly 10,000 Ameriprise financial advisors to achieve this status.
Benzinger is part of Steidl, Benzinger, Tatge, Seifert and Associates, a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Ameriprise private wealth advisors provide personalized client service and are dedicated to meeting the complex and unique financial needs of their clients.
To become eligible for this status, advisors must be experienced in serving affluent clients, maintain high client satisfaction scores, complete specialized training and achieve superior business results.
As an Ameriprise private wealth advisor, Benzinger is focused on providing advice and financial solutions for clients with high asset levels. He is knowledgeable on a variety of topics and strategies including retirement, tax and estate planning, insurance and asset management.
• Billmark’s Lakes Area Insurance, Inc. of Alexandria was recently named to the 2014 Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company President’s Club.
Recognized by Grinnell Mutual President and CEO Larry Jansen, Billmark’s Lakes Area Insurance ranks among the company’s top 50 agencies and 12 farm mutual companies for outstanding achievement in the insurance profession and for superior performance. President’s Club members provide insight on key insurance and business issues to Grinnell Mutual.
The agents and staff at Billmark’s Lakes Area Insurance will be presented with a plaque and letter of recognition from Grinnell Mutual.
• American Express Travel announced that Bursch Travel is one of the recipients of the Representative Excellence Award for 2013. This award honors 25 agency members of its U.S. Representative Travel Network with the prestigious distinction. The Representative Excellence Award honors the achievements of the American Express Travel Representative Network member agencies that have driven superior results and exceeded key business goals.
As a 2013 award recipient, Bursch Travel will be celebrated during a five-night/six-day trip to Marrakech, Morocco.