On the street
• Mandi Vlach recently joined AgCountry Farm Credit Services as a tax specialist. She will provide tax preparation and consultation to customers in the Morris and Alexandria areas. Prior to AgCountry, Vlach was employed four years as a staff accountant for Westberg Eischens PLLP, a public accounting firm in Willmar and Montevideo.
Vlach earned a Bachelor of Science in accounting from Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall. She is a certified public accountant in the state of Minnesota.
Headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota, AgCountry provides credit and financial services to farmers, ranchers and rural customers in eastern North Dakota and west central Minnesota and to agribusinesses across the U.S.
• West Central MN Communities Action, Inc. recently hired Amanda Duenow as an administrative assistant. She will assist Heather Thormodson, with the Community Services-Services Development (CS-SD) program, RSVP and the Free Tax Preparation Program.
Duenow graduated from college in May of 2011 with an Associates of Applied Sciences in accounting from M State Detroit Lakes. She recently moved to Ashby with her husband, Aaron.
• Cody Rieland was promoted to associate financial advisor at Bell State Bank and Trust in Alexandria. In his new position, Rieland educates clients on investment choices, analyzes clients’ financial goals and creates detailed and accurate financial plans for clients.
Originally from Alexandria, Rieland earned a Bachelor of Science in finance from North Dakota State University and has been in the banking field for one year. He joined Bell State Bank and Trust in 2012 and previously served as an intern with Bell Investments.
Rieland lives in Alexandria with his wife, Greta.
• Dustin Wiita is a recipient of Knute Nelson’s (KN) Tree of Excellence award for the month of October. This award is the highest level of recognition through the KN Employee Recognition Program.
Wiita has been employed at KN for more than three years as a physical therapist assistant. He was nominated by his peers, who said, “He has an extraordinary understanding of the importance of clients, always does everything possible to help the team, and is a fantastic example of a genuine, positive, capable and hardworking individual.”
• Custom Crown Craft recently added Jamie Porter, dental technician, to its staff in Alexandria.
Porter brings with him 13 years of crown and bridge, implant and cad-cam experience. He is a certified Nobelbiocare design technician and has traveled to Germany, completing the extensive training for Dentsply Ankylos Implants. Also, he has completed training on communication with physicians, oral surgeons and the lab on treatment planning and troubleshooting.
Custom Crown Craft CDL is one of 12 certified laboratories in the state of Minnesota.
• Studio C Salon in Alexandria recently added stylist Jill Felling from Sauk Centre to the team. Felling has four years’ experience in the industry and is certified in Brazilian blowouts, industrial lengths tape in extensions and is also an education business expert with Sexy Hair Concepts.
Felling has completed training programs in Los Angeles, California and Las Vegas, Nevada and has gone to multiple hair shows and advanced classes around the area. She has also met with multiple icons in the industry, such as Rafe Hardy and Tabatha Coffey.
• Vic Benzinger, financial advisor with Steidl, Benzinger, Tatge, Seifert and Associates, a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial, Inc., recently attended an offsite investment symposium. During the two day conference, Benzinger heard from numerous industry experts and wholesaling firms.
Topics included pursuing returns in a volatile market, navigating the new tax regime, from the hill to the street, managing risk factors to build a better portfolio, and the new diversification, adding alternative investments.
• Scott Larson of the financial services firm Edward Jones recently received a promotion to the position of regional leader for the Central and Northern Minnesota region. Larson will now be responsible for the firm’s branch offices in this region while continuing to help the people of his community with their investment needs.
Edward Jones provides financial services for individual investors in the U.S. and, through its affiliate, in Canada.