On the street
• American Solutions for Business (ASB) in Glenwood was recently rated as the industry’s number one distributor by Print Solutions magazine with fiscal year booked sales of over $190 million.
In the August 2013 issue, the magazine listed the top 50 distributors and included a breakdown of leaders by product categories.
In addition to the overall ranking, ASB was rated number one for sales in the following categories: Traditional products, promotional products, labels and tags, direct mail and technology services. ASB was ranked number two in sales of marketing/creative services and commercial printing.
ASB is a distributor of printing, promotional products, eCommerce, office supplies and strategic marketing solutions.
• Curves of Alexandria recently announced that in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, residents in Alexandria are invited to purchase a $10 punch card for 10 workouts at Curves with proceeds going to Breast Cancer Awareness.
The 10 workouts can be done in honor of someone who has battled breast cancer. A poster will be up in the club for each participant to sign as a way to show community support. The 30-minute Curves Circuit features a full body workout with strength training and cardio.
This offer is limited to one (1) 10 workout punch card per person. The 10 visits must be completed by November 15. For more information, contact owner Kim Olson at (320) 759-1887 or email@example.com, or visit Curves of Alexandria at 901 State Highway 29 North, Suite 140.
• Noonan Sport Specialists (NSS) announced that certified health fitness specialist C.J. Erickson has completed the StrongFirst (SFG) Level 2 Kettlebell Certification.
SFG 2 is an advanced certification open only to SFG-certified instructors. The StrongFirst Level 2 Certification includes instruction from master SFGs, along with hands-on application of skills discussed followed by a comprehensive written exam.
Erickson, originally from Alexandria, graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter with a Bachelor of Arts in health fitness in 2009.
• Melissa Ruegemer has been a stylist for the past 10 years and now will join the staff at Polished Looks Salon and Spa in Alexandria, located across from Alexandria Motors next to Carpet One. Ruegemer is looking forward to seeing familiar faces and new faces.
• Zion Lutheran School in Alexandria received $103 from Target from its recent “Give with Target” campaign. This nationwide campaign allowed anyone in the U.S. to vote for their favorite K-12 school on Facebook.