Weather Forecast

Rep. Paul Anderson of Starbuck and Lori Thompson-Garry tell a Minnesota House committee on Wednesday, March 6 that homes should be tested for radon. Thompson-Garry's sister died of lung cancer blamed on radon. (Photo by Don Davis, Forum News Service)

Sister of radon victim from Glenwood continues fight

Email News Alerts

ST. PAUL -- Janet Thompson was being treated for terminal lung cancer, but her thoughts were about others.

She lobbied people she saw to check their homes for radon, a colorless and odorless radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer.


Now, her sister has taken up the cause. Lori Thompson-Garry told a House committee Wednesday that she backs a bill that would require a radon test when a house goes on the market.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.

Don Davis
Don Davis has been the Forum Communications Minnesota Capitol Bureau chief since 2001, covering state government and politics for two dozen newspapers in the state. Don also blogs at Capital Chatter on Areavoices.