A shocking safety lesson | Echo Press
Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Echo Press photo by Al Edenloff Electrical safety experts showed what can happen if a person - in this case a dummy - makes contact with a live power line. The demonstration set off sparks and a small fire.

A shocking safety lesson

Email News Alerts

Nearly 150 area emergency responders gathered at Runestone Electric Association's (REA) Operations Center on Monday to learn about the potential dangers of contact with a power line.

Advertisement

In addition to first responders, volunteer firefighters, police and sheriff department personnel, more than 75 law enforcement students from the Alexandria Technical College attended the training seminar.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement