Weather Forecast


UPDATE NOON: Man dies after ice rescue; 2-year-old in critical condition (w/video)


Red Cross helps family after fire

Email News Alerts

The American Red Cross assisted a family of two adults and their baby with lodging and food Monday following a kitchen grease fire in their apartment at 1616 7th Ave. East, in Alexandria.


The fire, which was quickly extinguished, triggered the sprinkler system.

The Red Cross helps provide disaster relief for immediate recovery needs, such as shelter, clothing, food, and emotional support.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.