For the record
ALEXANDRIA CITY COUNCIL
1. 7:00 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance; invocation.
2. 7:05 p.m. Public comments.
3. 7:10 p.m. Consent agenda – Approve minutes of April 28; approve April bills and authorize issuance; approve license applications.
4. 7:15 p.m. Public Hearing – Viking Plaza Associates, LLC tax abatement
5. 7:30 p.m. Special event permit applications:
A. Fifth annual CHD Awareness Walk and 5K (tabled at 2/24 Council meeting)
B. First Homeless-to-Housed fundraiser (tabled at 4/28 Council meeting)
C. Memorial Day Parade
D. Red Willow Arts Coalition Summer Concert series
E. Red Willow Arts Coalition – Hangar Dance 2014
F. Ole Oppe Fest
G. Alexandria Blue Anchors Baseball
6. 7:45 p.m. City Engineer’s items of business:
A. Walkway modification to Seventh Avenue parking lot
B. Broadway reconstruction project update
7. 8:00 p.m. City attorney’s items of business.
8. 8:05 p.m. City administrator’s items of business.
9. 8:10 p.m. Old and other business.
Agenda as of May 7, subject to change.
The regular board meeting of Pope/Douglas Solid Waste Management is Thursday, May 15 in the Board Room in the Administration Building, 2115 South Jefferson Street, Alexandria.
7 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Minutes of April 17
2. Plant operations report
3. Landfill operations report
4. Material recycling report
5. Plant maintenance report
6. Household hazardous waste and recycling reports
8. Other business
A. Metal removal from Ash, DLTL
B. Turbine generator update
C. Air emissions permit renewal
Agenda as of May 1, subject to change.