For the record
ALEXANDRIA CITY COUNCIL
1. 7:00 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance; invocation; consent agenda
A. Approve minutes of December 9 and 23
B. Approve December bills and authorize issuance
C. Approve license and permit applications and authorize issuance
2. 7:10 p.m. Beginning year resolutions: designating official newspaper and depositories, changing meeting dates that fall on holidays, updating position classification and salary compensation plan, updating personnel policies manual; designate officials covered by Minnesota Workers Compensation, certifying property clean-up charges to county auditor, corporate authorization for safe deposit
3. 7:20 p.m. Police Officer Burt Crary – letter of resignation
4. 7:25 p.m. Police Chief Rick Wyffels – request authorization to hire police officers
5. 7:30 p.m. CenterPoint Energy gas franchise ordinance – 1st reading
6. 7:40 p.m. 2014 boards, committees, commissions appointments
7. 7:50 p.m. City Engineer’s items of business
A. Broadway reconstruction amenities
B. Victoria Heights reclamation – engineering agreement
8. 8:00 p.m. City attorney’s items of business
9. 8:05 p.m. City administrator’s items of business
10. 8:10 p.m. Old and other business
11. 8:15 p.m. Public comment period
Agenda as of January 8, subject to change.
9:00 a.m. Call to order; Pledge of Allegiance; invocation; approve agenda; approve minutes from December 17
9:05 a.m. Char Rosenow, auditor/treasurer
2. Accept PHN donations
4. Gambling permits
9:10 a.m. Sandy Tubbs, Public Health director
1. Consider-approve 2014 Supporting Hands nurse-family partnership executive director contract
2. Establish 2014 Horizon stipend for PH director
9:20 a.m. Dave Robley, Public Works director
1. Resolution: proceeds from sale of tax-forfeited property
2. Resolution: recognition of Adopt-A-Highway participants
3. Schedule Public Works planning meeting
4. Authorize out-of-state travel
9:25 a.m. Dave Rush, Land and Resource Management director
1. Vehicle maintenance contract
2. Licenses for ash landfill, demolition, transfer station, disposal hauler, excavator-landscaper
Items from the floor.
Agenda as of January 8 – subject to change.
ALEXANDRIA LAKES AREA
TUESDAY, JANUARY 14
Meeting at Broadway Ballroom in Alexandria. Public is welcome.
5:15 p.m. – Social time
5:30 p.m. – Meeting:
Speaker is David Arvidson of the Minnesota Libertarian Party with an educational presentation of its political philosophy.
For more information, contact Hilda Bettermann at (320) 834-5228.
The regular board meeting of Pope/Douglas Solid Waste Management is Thursday, January 16 in the Board Room in the Administration Building, 2115 South Jefferson Street, Alexandria.
7 a.m. Pledge of Allegiance. Election of chairman for 2014, election of vice-chairman, appointments to 2014 recycling committee, landfill operations committee, long range planning committee. Call to order.
1. Minutes of December 19 and 27
2. Plant operations report
3. Ash Landfill report and monitoring contract
4. Material recycling report
5. Plant maintenance report
6. Household hazardous waste and recycling reports
A. HHW processing room review
8. Other business
A. Turbine generator update
Agenda as of January 3, subject to change.