Opportunities in Grazing panel offered January 30
Are you a livestock producer, interested in livestock or just want to know more about grass-fed meat?
This free Land Stewardship Project (LSP) event is open to the public and a light lunch will be served. It will feature farmers, grazing specialists and marketing experts.
Speakers will include:
● Ryan Jepsen, Grass Run Farms, will present on opportunities in grass-finished beef.
● Howard Moechnig, grazing consultant, will speak on rotational grazing plans and pasture mixes.
● Lance Smith, grazing specialist, will discuss the economics of livestock versus row crops.
● Jim Paulson, University of Minnesota Extension, will discuss forage values of pasture and cover crop mixes, as well as grazing methods.
● Jim VanDerPol, Pastures A Plenty owner/producer, will discuss the costs of direct marketing.
● Jeff Duchene, grazing specialist, will discuss grazing plans and grazing on public lands.
Participants in this panel discussion/workshop are invited to participate in a grass-fed beef dinner at the Lakeside Steak and Chop House at 6:30 p.m. Dinner will be $10 for LSP members and $15 for non-members. Seating is limited.
For more information or to reserve a spot, contact LSP’s Robin Moore at (320) 269-1377 or email@example.com.