Weather Forecast


Nonresident off-road vehicle trail pass now available

News Alexandria,Minnesota 56308
Echo Press
Nonresident off-road vehicle trail pass now available
Alexandria Minnesota 225 7th Ave E
P.O. Box 549

Trail passes for nonresident off-road vehicles (ORV) are now available, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

Nonresidents operating an ORV on state or grant-in-aid trails must possess a trail pass and display it on the machine where it can be easily seen. This pass is not required if the machine is registered in Minnesota, or if the ORV is operated on private property that is owned by the operator's spouse, parent or child.

Nonresident one-year and three-year ORV trail passes are now available for sale through game and fish Electronic Licensing System (ELS) agents. A one-year ORV trail pass is $21 and the three-year ORV trail pass is $31. Duplicates are available for $2.50. ELS has three options for buying passes and duplicates: online, by phone or in person.

For more information or to buy a pass:

Visit the DNR website at

Call 888-665-4236 (888-MNLicense) any time, seven days a week. Callers will receive a license identification number that will be valid until they receive the pass in the mail. All purchases must be made by credit card. A $3.50 convenience fee will be charged for each transaction.

Find game and fish ELS locations at

EchoPress News