Millerville Sportsmen Club stock area lakes with walleye
The Millerville Sportsmen Club, with matching funds from The Viking Sportsmen Club and a permit from the Minnesota DNR Fisheries, recently stocked 113 pounds of fingerlings into Lake Moses and 112 pounds into Lake Aaron. They ran about 35 fish to a pound.
Bosek Bait of Garfield provided the fingerlings. Club members present for the stocking were Norbert Korkowski and Bob and Randy Habberts.
The club is also involved with several other projects, including:
• pheasant releases.
• planting wildlife food plots and feeding deer and pheasants in bad winters.
• funds portable toilets on Lake Moses and Lake Aaron public accesses.
• Funds a night light on the Lake Aaron access.
• donates to the United Foundation for Disabled Archers (UFFDA), the Brandon-Evansville High School Trap Shooting team, and other projects.
• helps support other area sportsmen clubs.
• supports gun safety. The club has three certified gun safety instructors. The club pays the students’ fees and gives a gun away at the completion of each course to one student.
The Millerville Sportsmen Club meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Millerville Fire Hall. The public is invited to join the club or its activities.