Marketing update session offered to farmers
A farm management and marketing update session developed by University of Minnesota Extension Educators Bret Oelke and Bill Craig will address current agricultural challenges and offer strategies to use when planning for the 2014 crop year and beyond.
Farmers are invited to attend the session on Tuesday, March 4 from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the Backroads Steakhouse, 106 County Road 82 Northwest in Evansville. There is no pre-registration.
The update session will cover the following topics:
● Crop production cost update for 2014.
● Land values and rent trends.
● Farmland rental agreements.
● Farm management strategies for innovative producers.
● A look at the new farm program.
● Marketing old crops and new.
The meeting and refreshments are sponsored by Douglas County Soybean Growers Association, First Security Bank, Ethanol and Biodiesel.
For more information, contact University of Minnesota Extension Douglas County at (320) 762-3890.