Legislative notebook: House votes for safer children's products
ST. PAUL -- Minnesota state representatives voted Friday to protect children from some toxic chemicals.
They approved on a 113-13 vote a measure to ban companies from intentionally putting formaldehyde in child care products. They backed a second bill 115-11 to keep bisphenol A out of baby and toddler food containers in the state.
Representative John Persell, DFL-Bemidji, offered the formaldehyde bill because the substance is toxic and can cause cancer.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.