Lake Region Arts Council awards grants
Lake Region Arts Council of Fergus Falls has awarded six Operating Support Grants for a total of $18,800. The funding for this program is provided by a Minnesota state legislative appropriation.
The purpose of these operating support grants is to strengthen and stabilize the arts organizations in the LRAC nine county region.
Here is the list of the grant awards.
● Terrace Mill Foundation, Terrace, $2,650. This grant will fund a portion of the insurance and utility expense for its 2014 season.
● Evansville Arts Coalition, Evansville, $640. This grant will fund a portion of its property and general liability insurance policy.
● Henning Landmark Center, Henning, $3,510. This grant will fund the executive director’s salary to research and create an artist’s retreat center at the Landmark Center.
● Prairie Wind Players Community Theatre, Barrett, $5,000. A portion of this grant will cover the cost of upgrading the theater’s lighting and sound systems. The remaining amount will go toward a portion of the heating and cooling expenses for the upcoming 2014 season.
● Lakes Chamber Music, Society, Alexandria, $2,900. This grant will pay a portion of the artistic director’s salary in 2014.
● Prairie Renaissance Cultural Alliance, Morris, $4,100. This grant will cover the administrative expenses to contract with individuals who will tell the PRCA story.
The Operating Support Grant Tier 1 will fund up to 10 percent of annual expenses with a $5,000 maximum request for nonprofit arts organization in the LRAC region of Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse and Wilkin counties. All eligible Tier 1 nonprofit art organizations’ operating budgets are less than $60,000 per year.
For more information, contact Betsy Ostenson, grant manager, Lake Region Arts Council at 1-800-262-2787; LRAC4@LRACgrants.org; 133 Mill Street, Fergus Fall, MN 56537-2562; or visit LRAC4.org.