House fire in northeastern Douglas County Friday morning
Early Friday morning, a chimney fire was reported at a home in the far northeastern part of Douglas County.
According to the sheriff's office, dispatchers received a 911 call at 4:44 a.m. from the homeowner, Cindy Haffner, reporting the fire at 19832 County Road 18 NE.
Once the chimney fire was put out, firefighters reportedly discovered additional hot spots in the attic of the home.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.