House fire in Brandon Monday morning
The Brandon Fire Department and Douglas County Sheriff's Office responded to a house fire at 5:01 a.m. Monday morning.
Daniel Hulke's residence at 9354 County Road 7 NW in Brandon was fully engulfed in flames when fire departments arrived at the scene. The Brandon fire chief, Scott Schaefer, said the fire appeared to have started in an outside wood stove.
The residence was being lived in but not occupied at the time of the fire. Schaefer said there was nothing suspicious about the incident. No injuries were reported.
Millerville and Garfield fire departments were called for mutual aid. Douglas County Sheriff's Posse assisted in traffic control.