Publish May 7, 14, 21, 28, June 4, 11, 2014
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE
THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT AND ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE. THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
Date: April 28, 2014
YOU ARE NOTIFIED THAT:
1. Default has occurred in the conditions of the Mortgage dated June 18, 2004, executed by Geraldine K. Meyer, an unmarried person, as Mortgagor, to Viking Savings Association, F.A., (now known as Viking Savings Bank) as Mortgagee, and filed for record June 25, 2004, as Document No. 15046, in the office of the Registrar of Titles for Douglas County, Minnesota, and rerecorded August 2, 2004, as Document No. 15166, in the office of the Registrar of Titles for Douglas County, Minnesota. The land described in the Mortgage is registered land.
2. The Mortgage has not been assigned.
3. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was: $20,200.
4. The address of the mortgaged premises is as follows:
107 N Olsen St
Nelson, MN 56355
5. The real estate tax parcel number of the mortgaged premises is as follows:
6. There is no transaction agent and therefore no transaction agent's mortgage identification number.
7. The name of the lender, residential mortgage originator, and residential mortgage servicer is Viking Savings Bank, f/k/a Viking Savings Association, F.A.
8. No action or proceeding at law is now pending to recover the debt secured by the Mortgage, or any part thereof.
9. The holder of the Mortgage has complied with all conditions precedent to acceleration of the debt secured by the Mortgage and foreclosure of the Mortgage, including without limitation, the giving of all notices, or other conditions precedent set forth in the mortgage, or in any statute, rule or regulation.
10. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage is: Nineteen Thousand Four Hundred Seventy-four and 39/100 Dollars ($19,474.39).
11. As a result of the default, and pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the land lying and being in the County of Douglas, State of Minnesota, described as follows:
That part of Lot 7, Block One, NELSON RAILROAD ADDITION, according to the recorded plat thereof, described as follows:
Commencing at the northwest corner of said Lot 7;
thence South 00 degrees 03 minutes 50 seconds West, assumed bearing along the west line of said Lot 7, a distance of 37.77 feet to the point of beginning of the land to be described;
thence South 86 degrees 09 minutes 24 seconds East, 152.31 feet to the east line of said Lot 7;
thence South 00 degrees 05 minutes 12 seconds East, along said east line, 37.85 feet to the southeast corner of said Lot 7, said point being on a 5754.65 foot radius curve which center of circle bears South 04 degrees 33 minutes 26 seconds West from said point;
thence westerly, along the south line of said Lot 7 and along said curve, central angle 01 degrees 08 minutes 38 seconds, 114.89 feet;
thence North 86 degrees 35 minutes 12 seconds West, along said south line 37.52 feet to aforesaid west line of Lot 7;
thence North 00 degrees 03 minutes 50 seconds East, along said west line, 37.84 feet to the point of beginning, containing 0.13 acres more or less;
(the above-described property is registered land);
will be sold by the County Sheriff of Douglas County, Minnesota, at public auction on June 27, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. at the Douglas County Sheriff's Office at 216 Seventh Avenue West, in the City of Alexandria, Minnesota.
12. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagors personal representatives or assigns is six (6) months from the date of sale.
13. If the property is an owner-occupied single-family dwelling, the Mortgagor must vacate the property, if the mortgage is not reinstated under Section 580.30, or the property redeemed under Section 580.23, on or before December 27, 2014, at 11:59 p.m.
14. Mortgagor released from financial obligation on Mortgage: None.
15. THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGORS PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
VIKING SAVINGS BANK
ATTORNEYS FOR MORTGAGEE:
Gary I. Syverson
SWENSON, LERVICK, SYVERSON
TROSVIG JACOBSON SCHULTZ, P.A.
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787
Alexandria, MN 56308
Atty. Reg. No. 108133