Publish August 28, September 4, 11, 18, 25, October 2, 2013
NOTICE OF MORTGAGE
DATE: August 16, 2013
YOU ARE NOTIFIED that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described mortgage:
MORTGAGE TO BE FORECLOSED
1. Date of Mortgage: September 22. 2005
2. Mortgagors: Erwin L. Lewis and Suzan L. Lewis, Husband and Wife as Joint Tenants
3. Mortgagees: Viking Savings Association, F.A. n/k/a Viking Savings Bank
4. Recording Information:
Recorded on September 23, 2005, as Document Number A275403 in the Office of the County Recorder, Douglas County, Minnesota
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: None.
6. Tax parcel identification number of the mortgaged premises: 24-0806-000
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises:
Lot Seven (7), Block Two (2), The Highlands First Addition, according to the plat and survey thereof on file and of record in the Office of the County Recorder in and for Douglas County, Minnesota
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: XXXX Highland Circle NW, Alexandria, MN 56308.
OTHER FORECLOSURE DATA
9. The person holding the Mortgage: is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30.
The name(s) of the residential mortgage servicer and the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is/are Viking Savings Bank, 1311 Broadway, P.O. Box 966, Alexandria, MN 56308.
10. If stated on the Mortgage, the name of the mortgage originator, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is: None.
11. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
12. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $12,000.00.
13. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $7,405.01.
14. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Douglas County, Minnesota, at public auction on October 31, 2013, 10:00 a.m., at the lobby of the Douglas County Sheriffs Office, 216 7th Avenue West, Alexandria, MN.
15. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagors personal representatives or assigns is 12 months after the date of sale.
16. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, "If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23." If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on "NOT APPLICABLE".
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGORS PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
Name of Mortgagee or
Viking Savings Bank
f/k/a Viking Savings Association
Name and address of Attorney for
Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
Joel G. Paschka
Dutcher & Paschka, P.A.
418 Third Avenue East, Suite 106
Alexandria, MN 56308