Fire destroys vehicle, damages garage
A 1996 Ford Explorer, owned by Richard Harjes, caught fire Monday night
in the garage that Harjes is renting at the Carr Apartments at 515 22nd
Avenue West, near Kmart. Alexandria firefighters responded to the scene at about 7:40 p.m. The garage, unit 16, sustained about $1,000 in damage. The fire is believed to have started in the dash area.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.