Fire destroys fishing shelter | Echo Press
Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Fire destroys fishing shelter

Email News Alerts

Fire destroyed an ice fishing shelter in Garfield Monday afternoon.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office received a call about the fire at 210 East Ida Street in Garfield at 2:27 p.m.

Advertisement

The structure, which was going to be used as a hatchery, was owned by Ronald Welle. It was destroyed.

There were no animals in it.

The source of the fire is believed be a heat lamp.

The Garfield Fire Department responded.

No foul play is suspected.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement