Fire destroys fishing shelter
Fire destroyed an ice fishing shelter in Garfield Monday afternoon.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office received a call about the fire at 210 East Ida Street in Garfield at 2:27 p.m.
The structure, which was going to be used as a hatchery, was owned by Ronald Welle. It was destroyed.
There were no animals in it.
The source of the fire is believed be a heat lamp.
The Garfield Fire Department responded.
No foul play is suspected.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.