Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Business fire in downtown Carlos

Carlos firefighters were called to a fire at Lyn's Lasting Memories in downtown Carlos.

Just after 6 p.m. Friday, Carlos firefighters were called to a fire at Lyn's Lasting Memories on Main Street in downtown Carlos.

When firefighters arrived, smoke was seen coming from the roof and front door of the business.

The wedding and event decorating boutique is owned by Bob and Linda Hop of Carlos. The business is located between Ruby Hill Gallery and Herby's Bar and Grill in Carlos.

Initial information indicates that the fire was most likely caused by an electrical issue. The building sustained substantial smoke damage, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.

Amy Chaffins

Amy Chaffins is a journalist working for the Echo Press newspaper in Alexandria, Minnesota.

(320) 763-3133
Advertisement