Big white Xs to be painted on some state highways in area
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will conduct aerial mapping of several locations in west central Minnesota this spring. The mapping will create a record of existing infrastructure and landscape along and adjacent to MnDOT right of way for transportation planning and design work.
Work will begin in late March, weather permitting, in the following locations:
· Highway 10 from Dilworth to Highway 9
· Highway 12 from Highway 119 to Benson
· Highway 27 from Traverse County Road 6 to Wheaton
· Highway 28, Highway 29, Highway 55 and Highway 104 in the Glenwood and Starbuck areas
· Highway 28 from Beardsley to Graceville
· Highway 59 from Appleton to Highway 12
· Highway 59 from Morris to the Grant County line
· Highway 78 from Interstate 94 to Battle Lake
MnDOT crews will paint large white “X” targets on paved surfaces and place plastic or fabric “X” targets on unpaved surfaces. A survey crew then records the coordinate position and elevation of these targets and provides that information to the aerial photography company. The targets are temporary and will be removed when the photography is completed.