Arts Council to award $157,000 to organizations, individuals
The Lake Region Arts Council (LRAC) will award more than $157,000 in Legacy Arts and Cultural Heritage Grants during the spring grant round.
More than $110,000 will be awarded to organizations. Eligible organizations must be located in the LRAC nine county region of Becker, Clay, Douglas, Grant, Otter Tail, Pope, Stevens, Traverse and Wilkin counties.
The following types of organizations may apply for funding to provide arts programming in their communities:
● Nonprofit arts organizations.
● Nonprofit organizations, such as heritage groups, civic clubs and youth organizations.
● Educational institutions, including k-12 schools, community education departments, colleges and universities.
● Public entities, including towns, cities, counties, park districts and recreation departments.
● Libraries and museums.
More than $47,000 will be awarded to individuals. All individuals living in the LRAC nine-county region are eligible.
● Open to all disciplines from dance to music, visual arts to film, mixed media to performance.
● Primary focus is the expansion of arts opportunities in the LRAC region.
● An artist may collaborate with other artists or institutions.
There is no dollar limit or match requirement. All grants requesting $10,000 or more are required to make a presentation to the LRAC Board at the Legacy Grant Review on Tuesday, April 15.
The grant project start date will be any time after Tuesday, April 15. The length of the grant project may not exceed 12 months.
For more information, contact Betsy Ostenson, grant manager, at 1-800-262-2787 or LRAC4@LRACgrants.org or visit LRAC4.org.