Alexandria firefighters respond to smoke at Garden of Grace Day Spa
Alexandria firefighters responded to a fire call at Garden of Grace Day Spa, 510 22nd Avenue East, at about 10 a.m. this morning.
When they arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from inside the building. Those inside were evacuated while firefighters ventilated the building with fans.
The fire started from a dryer, according to Fire Chief Jeff Karrow.
There was no fire damage to the business.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.